- Coordinate sales efforts by establishing sales territories, sales goals and requirements and motivating retail sales consultants
- Train and manage retail sales consultants on selling and merchandising strategies and tactics
- Analyze sales statistics to help retail sales consultants enhance their sales volume
- Work with all retail sales consultants on team in an effort to support retail sales consultants and know key accounts in the area and to evaluate sales efforts being made on behalf of Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits
- Summarize and review sales and market information with sales manager; works with supplier representatives in an effort to increase sales of specific brands
- Attend sales meetings and selling/informational seminars
- Track and document competitor information/selling strategies and reports these to sales management
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Five years industry related experience
- Two years of experience with managing/supervising people
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel required
- Ability to drive and maintain a valid and/or current Indiana driver’s license
- Maintain at all times his/her own personal insurance with limits of bodily injury liability of at least $100,000/$300,000 and $50,000 property damage liability
- Lift and carry a 45+ pound case of product on an occasional basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Comprehensive understanding of wine and spirits to include regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production, and service.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities on tight deadlines and maintain high level of quality output.
- Ability to understand and manage budgets, profitability, and expenses.
- Ability to communicate enthusiasm for the product and category.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees throughout division.
- Ability to work independently and function as a self-starter with, at times, minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic business mathematic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentage).
Job ID IND00000082