The Area Manager will provide overall direction and leadership to the Construction and Asphalt lines of business. The AM will be responsible for making key decisions and recommendations as related to safety, profitability, estimating, operations, quality control, internal and external sales coordination, resource management and people development.
- Manage financial success of the business by reviewing financial status for areas of responsibility on a daily and monthly basis, assessing long-term profitability and monitoring cash flow/collections.
- Exceed our customer’s expectations in the management of daily asphalt production and construction projects.
- Responsible for assisting in the external and internal sales market, including pricing structure and strategy.
- Oversight and responsibility of all estimating, contracting, constructing and HMA production.
- Develop relationships with major customers and vendors to maximize short and long-term goals and strategies.
- Collaborate and participate with other lines of business within the organization and industry partners to strategically grow the business in existing market.
- Provide proactive leadership to ensure the safety culture of the company continues to grow.
- Collaborates with the local Safety and Environmental Departments to maintain a safe working environment that complies with company standards, as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop direct reports and others by participating in the talent management process (i.e. performance management, succession planning).
- Responsible for the planning and procurement of capital to ensure assets are maintained to meet market demands.
- Accountable for the proper repair and maintenance of equipment and plants to ensure they are in the best working order at all times.
- The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field needed (or equivalent in experience). Advanced degreepreferred.
- Ten (10) plus years of asphalt production and construction, quality control and sales market management experience in a division, branch or operations leadership role.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multi task in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and facilitate cross functional teams.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills and record of accomplishment. Success in leading & driving change in organizations and increasing profitability.
- Strong analytical, fact-based approach to support sound decision-making. Strategic minded with strong financeexperience and skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen in asphalt construction and plant operations and Quality Control as it relates to sales, finance, or IT
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, and can think like a business owner
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Customer focused with attention to detail and capable of delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent, and professional manner
- Strong organizational skills – can bring order and clarity to ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of plant and corporate personnel
- Work well in a team and build relationships. Hands-on, collaborative approach
- High degree of drive, initiative, and motivation. Action oriented and results oriented
- Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time and energy required to drive performance
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written listening – at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated success in coaching and developing others; share his/her knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage vision and purpose
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel
Job ID: 149701