DuPont’s El Paso, IL Crop Protection site currently has a development opportunity for the right individual to join the team as an Area Manager that will provide leadership over site packaging operations. In this role, you’ll be challenged to deliver high quality product cost effectively according to S&OP plan and as requested by the Supply Chain organization. You will be responsible for maintaining safety, health and environmental standards in all operating areas. In this position, you’ll be an active member of the Senior Management Team and help set the vision, mission and strategic direction for the site. You will utilize your leadership skills by serving on the Strategic Leadership Team, Process Safety Management (PSM), Coaches and Captains Team and other committees or teams as needed and appropriate. We are seeking exceptional candidates who demonstrate Felt Leadership as they will be expected uphold the core values of the Corporation and site.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develops/uses good working knowledge of supply chains including markets served. Represents unit on Supply Chain team.
- Leads execution of technologies such as statistical process control and Lean Manufacturing practices that clearly define what is important and how the unit is to be operated.
- Serves as a cost steward for the site operations budget.
- Responsible for developing the capabilities of all people in the unit.
- Acts as the main link between the unit and supply chain.
- Keeps team focused on common objectives and goals.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving agreed upon performance metrics in all areas that report through this role.
- This role is responsible for upholding and enforcing all elements of PSM, ISO 9000, Ag Standard 010.
- Deploys resources and directs their activities so that they work towards a common objective.
- This position requires person to be in the field.
The El Paso site is located in Central Illinois, approximately 14 miles north of Bloomington/Normal. DuPont Crop Protection operates the El Paso, IL site as the only Formulation and Granulation Herbicide Plant in the Continental US. The site formulates, blends and packages herbicides for use on corn, wheat, soybean, etc.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Technical Ag Degrees preferred) equivalent years of experience will be considered
- 3-5 years of chemical industry Operational Management
- 3-5 years of Line Supervisory experience in a Process Safety Management (PSM) environment
- Previous experience leading a team and/or organization
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs (people, capital, contractors, facilities, support/infrastructure) to carry out business needs by working with other departments and leaders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology to improve unit.
- Ability to develop and execute plans to achieve critical operating tasks.
- Conflict resolution skills, including ability to prioritize, to balance competing efforts.
- Ability to lead efforts to run unit according to S&OP plan while meeting all SHE standards, both corporate and regulatory.
- Demonstrated skill in executing targeted development plans, resource allocation. Ability to establish clear performance expectations and focus on those that add value to the business. Ability to drive recognized programs.
- Effective oral and written communications & ability to function effectively in a diverse organization.
- Must be able to perform work functions in operations, while wearing different types of Personal Protective Equipment i.e. respirator, gloves, Safety glasses, goggles, Steel toed shoes, etc.