At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Central Texas Area Manager to manage operations and drive the growth of our Austin and San Antonio markets.
In the role of Area Manager, we'll count on you to:
- · Assist the Regional Director of Operations in coordination and implementation of area operational strategies, goals and actions in cooperation with company and regional managers.
- · Support local managers in implementing and monitoring area operations including marketing, project services, staff development, quality and client relations, all within established company goals and objectives.
- · Be involved in the local communities, tradeassociates, and with clients to be a face of HDR in the Central Texas market.
- · Act as a Client Manager for key clients in the local market.
- · Assist in special regional assignments and issue resolution.
- · Assist business groups in development of area strategic and operating plans and budgets.
- · Partner with Regional Business Group directors to drive implementation of area key initiatives, key hires, investments, and company and regional strategies for growth and profitability.
- · Monitor area performance indicators, and oversee actions for improvement.
- · Collaborate with group supervisors to improve client service, meet company goals and increase growth and profitability.
- · Facilitate and encourage staff communication, training and career development, and serve as mentor for departmental leaders.
- · Implement company policy and procedures, including quality, safety, recruiting and risk management.
- · Serve as role model in business and the community.
- · Work with area groups and Project Managers on problem projects and issues resolution.
- · Possess signatory authority as needed.
- · Perform other duties as needed.
- · Bachelor's degree in a Professional, Architecture, Engineering or closely related field
- · 10+ years’ experience in development and management of diverse teams.
- · Maintains a professional or Engineering registration and has related technical experience
- · Strong communication and listening skills
- · Ability to handle multiple assignments
- · Good leadership and organizational skills
- · An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- · Experience working for an A/E/C consulting firm is highly preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.