- Effectively manage the counter business across the district and increase sales and the gross margin rate.
- Sell merchandise to customers utilizing product and applications knowledge to select material that best meets customer needs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Accurately forecast counter potential and recommend annual sales and gross margin objectives which will improve market penetration; recommend stock items; evaluate and approve items eliminated from stock, and reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete equipment.
- Develop programs to locate, attract, and open new counter accounts.
- Utilize marketing knowledge to promote counter within region, generating more sales.
- On an as needed basis, operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers' instructions.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes; select and train counter sales employees and trainees; participate in quality improvement teams in an effort to limit rework and improve service.
- Manage a team of 6 or more.
Experience, Educational, and Physical Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experiencerequired: Counter sales, warehouse, or outside sales experiencerequired
- High school diploma or GEDrequired
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers' instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- 6-10 years of experiencepreferred
- Marketing background