The Area Manager Field Salesreports directly to the Director of the region.
The Area Manager Field Sales directs and coordinates the activities of retail stores/kiosks in various locations in their respective markets. This person is responsible for ensuring each retaillocation meets or exceeds revenue and product objectives and profitability of each location. They set expectations and ensure all company operational and visual presentation standards are met and consistently upheld in each store. They will develop long-range plans for sales, marketing, and succession planning for stores within the area. The Area Manager Field Sales will analyze sales trends and propose action plans for increasing sales and encourage store involvement in all promotions.
The Area Manager Field Sales will ensure store management maintains and controls all expenses, protect all corporate assets, and ensure efficient use of payroll dollars by utilizing effective scheduling practices. They will establish a positive, professional, sales and profit-oriented atmosphere by leading by example; exhibit good judgment and a sense of urgency, delegate responsibilities, follow up on actions, and communicate regularly with all levels of the organization on all appropriate issues.
This position will also recruit and retain store and kiosk managers, train and develop through the use of company training programs, and motivate and coach staff.
Additional responsibility includes directing and leading our Door to Door sales teams, indirect agent re-sellers, and big box partner locations. Facilitation of outside events and MDU sales initiatives is critical to success in the Area Manager Field Sales role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Proven track record of driving sales and profits as well as developing sales professionals, with a strong customer service focus
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating in a retail store environment
- Ability to possess, maintain, and encourage an ownership mentality
- Experience with developing and implementing employee performance evaluations and improvement plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage employee turnover
- Willingness to evaluate current in-store processes, programs and systems for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities
- Ability to provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Ability to establish and manage area sales plans based on revenue and product targets and retention objectives
- Willingness to inspect store operations and enforce through coaching and development of store management
- Proven ability to manage within operating budgets
- Ability to travel75% (use of company car provided)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience in the telecommunications field
- Experience with Alternate Channel Distribution – Indirect Retail, MDU, Door to Door, and Big Box Retailers
- 5years of experience in a specialty retail environment with multiple SKUs and responsibility for 5+ stores
**This position requires the successful completion of the Manager Assessment. Shortly after applying you will receive an email with instructions and the assessment link. The Manager Assessment must be completed within five days.**