Managing, directing and having complete profit and loss responsibility for an Instrument and Valve service center.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Management of Instrument and Valves Service Center(s)
- Managing the center(s) as a self-contained manufacturing operation as well as a true profit center business, including complete P&L responsibility.
- Managing the operation including machine shop, weld shop, mechanical and assembly and calibration operations.
- Responsible for engineering, including troubleshooting and minor field changes involving both I&VS and non-I&VS equipment.
- Responsible for purchase of all materials, parts and tools necessary for all locations within his/her geographical region as well as preparation of appropriation requests for capital investments
- Responsible for branch site indirect marketing function, including sales, through direct contacts with process plants in the marketing area and saleschannels interface
- Continuous communications with saleschannels to find ways to uncover business growth opportunities
- Responsible for the pricing of all Instrument & Valve Services goods and services and preparation of price quotes on larger jobs
- Seek out, develop and implement new business opportunities in cooperation with saleschannels
- Conduct customer presentations
- Business Report preparation and reviews
3. Quality Assurance/Health & Safety
- Responsible for quality control of all work performed and determination of safety codes and engineering standards applicable to repair work performed, including non Instrument and Valve Services products.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment(s) and adhering to all I&VS policies as well as OSHA
4. Employee Relations
- Responsible for employee relations, community relations, government relations for all locations in his/her geographical region
- Responsible for all staffing, including recruiting and selecting both direct labor and support functions
5. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- mechanical skill as well as a sound working knowledge of machine tools, welding techniques and valve assembly tolerances and standard
- Superior leadership/organizational/interpersonal/communication skills
- Safety and loss prevention skills.
- 3-5 yrs. experience in both supervision and technical positions in machining and assembly operations
- Sales/marketing experience would be helpful.
- Previous managerial experience of several yrs. is preferred.
- A broad knowledge of the I&VS product line and its application in the process industries is preferred; a good knowledge of competitors' products is helpful.