As part of the continued growth and innovation of our EHS consulting business in the Alaska Area, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced client and people leader to join our global consulting firm as the Alaska Area Manager; and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for an established leader who is interested in being part of this thriving global community – outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting, people leadership and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the Anchorage market.
We seek an individual to help us drive the continued growth of ERM’s business in the Area through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for EHS sustainability solutions.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global business that aims to lead the field in EHS sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique.
Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability to provide “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
- Manage the Alaska Area with a primary focus on Anchorage client relationship development, people leadership, sales and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s integrated consulting services to deliver strategic value to clients, including thefollowing offerings:Manage sales and operations of the Alaska Area to deliver on RON and PBBIT goals for the Mountain West Business Unit. Collaborate with other Area Managers to manage resources and maximize utilization. Keep Business Unit Managing Partner informed of emerging and current issues impacting the performance of the business.
- Air quality and climate change management;
- Environmental, health, and safety (EHS) operational performance, including compliance, risk evaluation and support for safety, management systems, audit and assurance, and reporting;
- Environmental impact assessment planning and permitting;
- Site investigation, risk assessment, and remediation management;
- Construction management and site decommissioning, decontamination, and demolition (DDD);
- Due diligence for mergers & acquisitions; and
- EHS information solutions.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant local revenue growth with target clients aligned withERM’s global strategy. Contribute to leadership and management of major programs and projects to help clients proactively address their environmental and sustainability risks and challenges. Lead ERM teams and consulting engagements (in your area of expertise) to achieve performance improvements and long-term change, within ERM service areas. Ensure delivery of exceptional client value to key clients in order to maximize regional growth expansion efforts with key accounts.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within target client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, presentations, and contracting.
- Serve as a People champion within the Alaska Area, collaborating with local partners to actively engage and mentor consultants as part of the overall team. Promote ERM’s culture, strategic direction, Safety AT ERM, and collaboration across offices and within technical communities. Create positive working environment (office community) and positive morale.
- Manage and grow a high-performance consulting team, including resourcing, recruiting and retention, performance management, and career development. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas ofresponsibility.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s local business, as well as to lead client and project teams. Coordinate and collaborate with the North America Commercial team (Market Sector Leaders, Key Account Directors), Technical Community Leaders and other Area Managers.
- Meet business financial targets, project budgets and schedules, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal governance and contractual requirements.
- BS/MS in engineering, safety, science, or related degree.
- 15+ years’ progressive EHS experience in a consulting environment, working substantially with private-sector clients in the local Anchorage market and Alaska area.
- In-depth understanding of the oil and gas, mining, power, and/or technology and manufacturing sectors, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new local business.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multi-million dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
- Strong people leadership skills and passion to manage, develop, and grow a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.