Manages and oversees the activities of the Credit Collections department across assigned locations, including implementation of company’s policies and procedures related to credit and collection activities; ensures effective handling of collecting delinquent accounts and investigating the credit risks of customers and suppliers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and adherence to company credit/collection policies, practices and procedures across one or multiple geographic areas. Implements internal controls to protect assets and company’s financial position.
- Approves decisions regarding adjustments to customer accounts, and referral of overdue accounts for legal action.
- Coordinates area collection decisions with management teams and sales departments. Assists subordinates with difficult collection cases.
- Manages national customer collection accounts.
- Manages delinquent customer receivables, negotiates special customer payment plans and participates in development of financial packages.
- Monitors credit activity including monthly review of large accounts, location compliance with credit policies and procedures, lien laws and sales tax laws.
- Implements new standardized process and procedures in field collection locations efficiently and consistently.
- Creates and presents reports to management on large account activity, summary aging analysis and bad debt reserve analysis.
- Monitors performance of the team collections on a monthly and annual basis against key business and performance metrics; works with team to identify potential drivers behind variance and performance.
- Communicates performance and key issues/drivers to credit leadership and appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinates with Underwriting, Billing and Cash Applications team and management to ensure that credit processes are occurring seamlessly across the organization; providing the requested information in a timely manner and effectively able to balance their primary collections duties with the provision of customer and local knowledge to other interfacing credit teams and functions.
- Checks in regularly with sales and operations partners to understand the impacts of collection team performance on their customer relationships and satisfaction.
- Operates independently and professionally with remote management relationships to effectively handle customer, local management and corporate management requests, issues, escalations and resolutions.
- Participates in special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises assigned employees including staff selection and training; planning, assigning and directing work; conducting performance reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field;
- Six (6) years credit collections experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.