Within assigned geography, the Components Area Manager is responsible for the development of sales strategies and plans, and execution for Industrial Components, Power Products, Sensors, and Safety components and associated services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share.
This individual is also responsible for providing sales leadership and consultation within assigned geography as well as assuming direct involvement in major sales opportunities. Possesses domain expertise of industries applications.
Is able to help customer specify assigned products / services and for establishing and maintaining relationships at key accounts. Responsible for identifying customer technical/commercial challenges and engaging appropriate resources to bring issues to resolution.
- Lead a disciplined sales process to grow market share through a premier network of industrial distributor specialists, Rockwell Account Managers, Systems Integrators, as well as targeted End Users & OEM conversion accounts.
- Provide functional leadership of the Industrial Control, Sensor and Components Safety businesses in the Gulf Coast (South Texas & South Louisiana) region by leading & driving a consultative sales process with key customers & authorized Allen-Bradley distributors.
- Prioritize the education of distributor product specialists and the Rockwell Sales Force to develop critical competencies and sales strategies which reinforce Rockwell Automation’s leadership position in the Safety and Industrial Control market. Ensure that the Distributor & RA Sales forces have a well-qualified disciplined sales approach and ‘own’ the closed-loop process to ensure accountability.
- Assist OEM and User Sales teams at Rockwell in assessing top market opportunities and ensure execution which will help to drive successful sales strategies.
- Provide expertise in key product areas.
- Collaborates & Teams Effectively – Proven history
- Qualifies the Value-Add for Customers & Partners
- Attains Results via a well-articulated Sales Strategy & Accountability
- Drives Market Share & Sales Growth
- Influence Management to non-direct reports
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Two years’ experienceworking with regional customers across multiple industry segments to create strategic sales and business plans.
- Five years’ experience with industrial controls, sensors and safety components in an industrial environment.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, or Manufacturing Technology related field.
- The ideal candidate has significant experience with factory automation and industrial control and sensor products, as well as component safety products and the relevant machine safety standards.
- A familiarity with the risk assessment process, as well as experience with machine safety products is desired. Certification in or training toward, completion of Certified Functional Safety Professional (CFSP) role is a plus.