The Area Manager’s responsibility is to manage existing and develop new dealers across multiple distributionchannels within defined territory. The Area Manager is the primary day to day sales contact for these dealers and is responsible for driving successful sell-in, sell-thru and service programs for all categories of Burton business with these dealers. Additionally, this role is responsible for servicing key accounts and DTC stores in the territory as assigned, as well as collaborate with internal partners in the Americas Marketing, Sales Operations and Finance departments to secure the required assets, activations, sales programs, and product assortments to support dealer plans.
What You Get To Do:
- Establish, develop and maintain sustainable business and customer relationships across multiple distributionchannels and understand their needs and business challenges.
- Primary day to day sales contact for dealers; responsible for driving successful sell-in, sell-thru and service programs for all categories.
- Service all accounts, obtain orders and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing and potential dealers.
- Maximize sales, meet sales targets and identify sales opportunities.
- Analyze market and competitors, track sales, provide needed reports and maintain proper information flow.
- Responsible for education of dealer sales staff on all categories through, but not limited to, seasonal clinics, product demos, showings, regular visits and regional events.
- Plan, organize and execute on-snow demos, product showings, order meetings, clinics and promotional activities (e.g. regional grassroots events in collaboration with marketing).
- Provide best in class customer service through building relationships and issue resolution.
- Represent the company and brands in a professional manner and with a positive attitude towards the accounts, to consumers, and to media where required.
- Work with Burton internal merchandising team to establish and implement best in class merchandising standards throughout assigned territory.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in sporting goods and apparel/outdoor business.
- Proven track record of successful execution of sales strategies and programs with well-known brands.
- Ability to visualize product assortments and influence dealer’s assortment planning process in support of Burton’s goals.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Outgoing personality, agile, active and sales-driven attitude.
- Team player with key personal characteristics of reliability, flexibility, trustworthiness, and precision.
- Excellent self-organization and time management skills; ability to deal with multiple issues.
- Ability to deliver to sales goals in a changing market.
- Good presentation, written and communication skills.
- Good skills with all office software applications and Internet.
- Extensive in-territory travelrequired plus additional travel to Burton HQ and other locations if required.