Area Manager - OttawaApply
JOB TITLEArea Manager - OttawaCONTRACT TYPERegularPUBLICATION DATE2018-05-23COUNTRYCanada
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with more than 65,000 employees and serves more than 2 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Our success has come from providing superior service through highly motivated people. At VitalAire you will have a job that has IMPACT.
VitalAire is a leader in home oxygen therapy, CPAP sleep therapy programs, medical gases, respiratory products, and services from coast to coast. Over 40+ years of experience, 100 locations, 950 employees and accreditation status with Accreditation Canada assures quality programs and unsurpassed service.
VitalAire is a part of the Air Liquide Group which has over 65,000 employees worldwide in 80 countries and has been an international leader in medical gases and respiratory services markets for over 40 years. www.vitalaire.com
Looking for a Challenge?
VitalAire is seeking exceptional talent to join in our commitment to making VitalAire an even better place to work. If you are looking for somewhere you can assist in driving positive change and would like to help move VitalAire one step closer to being an employer of choice – look no further. We have Competitive Spirit and We Play to Win. Opportunities for growth and recognition are available at all levels for those people who are engaged and committed to accelerating positive results.
Advantages of working for VitalAire?
- Competitive salary, vacation and performance based pay increases
- Competitive benefit package & company RRSP contributions
- Standard working hours for better work/life balance
- Tuition reimbursement & Career Development programs
- Employment Assistance Program
- Successful and stable, industry leader
Are you ready to get on-board?
We are actively recruiting a highly energetic and motivated full-time Area Manager for our Ottawa, ON.The Area Manager coordinates and supervises all operations in their area pertaining to the Home Healthcare business including, but not limited to, respiratory and sleep apnea businesses. If required, the Area Manager coordinates and supervises the delivery of Medical Gases to Institutional customers. The Area Manager ensures area operations are in full compliance with both internal and external regulations and safety requirements. The Area Manager ensures area operations are structured to provide continuity of supply to customers in a cost effective and efficient manner. The incumbent will carry out all responsibilities while promoting VitalAire's safety and quality practices.
- Ensures that all operations in their area pertaining to Home Healthcare business including, but not limited to, respiratory and sleep apnea businesses are conducted in full compliance with both internal policies and procedures, external regulations including but not limited toGood Manufacturing Practices and safety requirements.
- Ensures, whenever it is required, that the delivery of medical gases to Institutional customers in their area are conducted in full compliance with both internal policies and procedures, external regulations including but not limited to Good Manufacturing Practices and safety requirements. Implements, schedules, prioritize and maintains area operations conducted by VitalAire Canada employees or contractors to meet contractual obligations according to internal procedures.
- Oversees the Oxygen Healthcare Professional (HCP) team to ensure referral process is seamless and patient care excellence is maintained at all times. Schedules team for most efficient coverage of territory including on-call rotation for off hours and weekends.
- Ensures that effective continuity of supply is provided to customers when required. Acts as a Quality Control Designate, reports and manages Home Healthcare customers complaints and reports and quarantines non-conforming products. Releases products for distribution or sale by signing batch records ensuring results meet all specifications and regulations.
- Delivers business results and ensures that Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) Specialists contribute efficiently to the sales associated with the sleep apnea business. Responsible for the efficient and cost effective implementation of Home Healthcare processes and procedures atarea level. Maintains quality records in relation to operations including but not limited to patients files. Ensures that assets used in HomeHealthcare operations are maintained according to internal procedures and traced properly. Ensures the area inventory is managed and maintained at a minimum level following internal procedures.
- Sets the delegation of responsibility, task direction, performance objectives, and appraisals for all direct staff. Ensures that staff and contractors are properly trained and qualified and re-qualified as required. Recruits new staff when approved with support from Regional Director and Human Resource Department.
- College Certificate or Diploma in a Technical/ Engineering or Medical Sciences field recommended and/or post secondary business or managerial education.
- 5-8 years of experience with Supervision of employees in a business or clinical setting.
- Business and/or Clinical Experience
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google applications.
- Experience in a role that has financial accountability
- Possesses a valid Driver’s License
- Respiratory Therapy or Nursing training considered an asset