The Area Human Resource Director has oversight for West Division- 50 locations in California, Nevada, Washington, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. This position reports to the VP of HR and has 4 direct reports (Regional level).
- Ensures company standard as a high-quality provider through implementation of quality HR systems
- Acts as part of the HR senior leadership team
- Leads multi-state HR team to effectively partner with operations and other departments to achieve the HCR Manor Care visions and supporting strategies
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, organization and coaching skills with a strong sense of self
- Possess confidence in his or her abilities to manage effectively in the matrix environment
- Builds and leverages relationships to get work done
- Confident and persuasive in guiding the process towards goal
- Skillful with the emotional aspects of influencing others and gain agreement
- Adept at navigating the "politics" of an organization; finding the key players and utilizing persuasive talk to gain agreement
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strongly focused on cohesion, communication, morale, and team accomplishment
- Proactivity, assertiveness, and sense of urgency in driving to reach goals
- Independent, analytical, critical, and creative thinking and action; little need for external validation before action.
Travel: Extensive travel within territory.
Bachelor's degreerequired. Emphasis in human resource management preferred.
Minimum of seven years multi-state HR consultingexperience at regional or divisional level
Job Specific Details: 0