Area HR Business Partner
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Provides leadership for assigned Plant(s) by balancing long- and short-term initiatives and managing processes and people.
Responsible for strengthening the employer-employee relationship and leading constructive and effective labor relations (if applicable), leading process improvement projects and programs that align with the Operations Division strategies and priorities, and rapidly delivering material, measurable returns that maximizes ROI in the Plant(s) HR initiatives.
Understands key performance metrics, how they impact overall team success, and how to coach employees for improved metric attainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversees the professional development of operations and other Plant(s) team members that includes ensuring effective on-boarding and skill development of new-hires, identifying and facilitating the execution of coaching and performance plans, proactively assesses and addresses individual performance, creates consistency across projects and project teams, creates/tracks and supports individual career progression goals
· Works with Operations Manager and Regional Management to effectively plan for staffing needs; leads and supports succession and training efforts to support this initiative. Oversees the placement process for new, promoted and/or transferred associates
· Proactively identifies and addresses performance or morale issues with individuals on the team
· Ensures compliance with company, Federal, state and other requirements, and ensures timely and consistent application of human resource related policies, procedures, training and reporting. Represents the organization on employment related hearings and investigations
· Manages separation process; conducts analyzes and makes recommendations related to unplanned turnover
· Administers compensation and benefits programs (Total Rewards) according to established guidelines while promoting the value of the program
· Supports a safety culture and effectively handles workers compensation related claims for best possible outcomes.
· Manages FMLA, STD< WC related, and other leave of absences for effective administration
· Bachelor's degree
· 5-10 years progressive HR leadership experience, with some in a manufacturing environment
· Union/labor relations experience
· SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR)
· Demonstrated track record of leadership skills with ability to influence at all levels of internal and external contacts.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilitiesassociated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment.