Job Summary:See More
The primary purpose of Area HR Business Partner is to provide consultative support and partnership to the leaders and associates in his/her assigned sites to drive critical human capital initiatives and associated business results. This role leads activities and ensures successful achievement of objectives related to employee engagement, workforce management, performance management, talent development, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, communications, and change management. The Area HR Business Partner impacts overall business performance and employee engagement by providing strategic, creative, and collaborative leadership across assigned sites and Lowe's field HR positions. Further, this role proactively diagnoses issues and opportunities and takes necessary action to bring timely resolution. To be successful, the individual in this role must influence business leaders and build strong, cross-functional relationships. In addition, this person must have knowledge of the HR functions and associated HR policies, approaches, and environmental constraints, as well as relevant HR laws and regulations. This role is critical to Lowe's as it aligns HR strategy with market business plans and helps leaders implement plans within specific sites.
- Partners with leaders in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize customer service and align with company values. Contributes to the development of people strategies that support business strategies and objectives and help to drive business and organizational performance. Support and influence key operational and strategic decisions.
- Understands the general business conditions that affect their industries, functions and geographical regions while staying current on the research and trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
- Identifies development solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of associates (i.e. exposure events, project assignments, coaching, etc.).
- Promotes high-performance through coaching, constructive and honest regular feedback, and the annual performance evaluation process.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop site people leaders.
- Encourages associates and people leaders to embrace new philosophies, technologies, and company initiatives.
- Partners with site leadership to engage and coach associates on the floor to promote a customer service culture.
- Provides input to HR COEs regarding specific functional strategies, programs, and practices to ensure that they meet business needs. Serves as an advocate for business leaders and managers.
- Leverages human capital expertise to advise and hold sites accountable for sustaining engagement action plans (e.g., by suggesting tactics, acting as a sounding board, and reviewing and approving actions plans within assigned area).
- Uses organizational diagnostics (e.g., surveys, workforce analysis, HR compliance reporting, etc.) to proactively identify and react to key talent/employee engagement challenges and opportunities in the business. Partners with leaders and HR Centers of Expertise (COEs) to craft, select, implement, and/or support solutions (e.g., team or individual assessments, manager assimilations, team building events, coaching, customized training, or other appropriate actions).
- Promotes adoption and effective use of company programs such as reward, recognition, talent, and communication programs; as needed, leverages HR COEs for support and deep subject matter expertise.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for site people leaders to ensure consistent quality of leadership.
- Leads talent assessment and development discussions with site leaders leveraging program, approach, and template guidelines provided by HR COEs.
- Leads conversations with site teams on sourcing, recruiting and staffing plans (e.g., spring, seasonal conversions) and partners with Talent Acquisition team to determine and support hiring plans.
- Coach leaders on change management strategies and resistance management techniques in accordance with the Lowe's change management methodology.
- In partnership with other business leaders, create strategies to identify and overcome barriers (e.g., by facilitating meetings/conversations to identify root-cause issues of change blockers and coaching managers on appropriate tactics to mitigate or overcome issues).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- 5 years progressive HR experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and/or authority
- 3 years human resources generalist experience across multiple disciplines (e.g., workforce planning; talent acquisition; career development) while interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- 1 year experience managing or supervising others, with either direct or indirect report responsibility
- 3 years' experience working in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff
- Master's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- 7 years progressive HR experience
- 2 years' experience working in multiple locations
- 3 years' experience managing or supervising others, including one year of direct report responsibility
- 3 years' experience managing a cross-functional team with exempt and non-exempt staff, while maintaining a union-free environment
- 3 years demonstrated experience developing, adapting, or facilitating training
- 3 years demonstrated experience actively serving as a strategic business partner for other parts of the organization
- 3 years relevant professional certifications (e.g., Professional in Human Resources)
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Valid through: 7/4/2021