Sodexo is currently seeking a Food Service Area General Manager to leadour team at Broadcom - Innovation located in San Jose, California. The unit is a high-profile showcase, VIP account for Corporate Services and is branded as an Artisan account.
We will deliver a range of services from café, retail, and heavy catering. TheArea General Manager of food service will have total unit operating responsibilities including the supervision of management team and all hourly staffwith a focus on excellent customer experience.
Our clients have created a beautiful, contemporary “workplace of the future”, – this role will be responsible for delivering services that match the environment. Experience opening new business is strongly preferred. Our ideal candidatewill be innovative, keeping services fresh and updated based on current trends.
Reporting to the Resident District Manager, the Area General Manager willhave oversight of three Broadcom accounts. Position is responsible for directing all contract management service operations and client relations. The best qualified candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful toall who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience withbenefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, andto improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences withour over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Functions as the in-unit leader for multiple accounts and/or contracts within a defined geography. Single point of contact and/or client liaison in support of a multi-site.
- Monitors operations by planned and unplanned visits to each operating account of the system to plan projects, implement new processes, client interactions, and new technology to ensure sufficient resources.
- Develops business plan and budget w/each account GM that supports the System and District goals – Reviews and analyzes financial statements and data and other financial information to ensure attainment of financial goals for both the client and Sodexo.
- Central Point of Contact for Client Liaison promoting a solid business partnership - assists in contract negotiations for the system.
- Maintains Quality & Company Standards – reviews and maintains reports toensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and Sodexo / System Client(s) policies and procedures.
- Responsible for system succession planning/employee development/diversity initiatives/training/constructive counseling. Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership to the respective units within the system tomaintain client satisfaction and retention
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.