We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it. Our experienced operations team with over 40 LEAN greenbelts provides a safe and efficient delivery service.
The Area General Manager (AGM) holds a key role with responsibility for the people, profit and performance of Weyerhaeuser’s growing Distribution business. In this role you will provide leadership and general management of the area sales team (through the sales manager) and of the distribution center operations team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing salaried employees.
- Strong, proven team leadership to develop organizational capacity, coach and develop Associates, successfully motivate and energize sales and operations teams, and create an inclusive culture.
- Results focus to set goals, deliver results consistently, take action to achieve targets, and overcome obstacles.
- Solid business acumen and the ability to interpret and manage financial and market data and create executable plans to manage cost and profitability.
- Knowledge of operations management. As a general manager, the AGM must oversee (via the site operations manager) the safety, logistics, fulfillment, production planning, scheduling, and asset management.
- Strong customer service orientation that includes demonstrated effectiveness in providing strong customer service as an essential component of executing sales strategies, knowing when and how to gracefully say "no" and understanding/managing the impacts to the business.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop and grow superior and sustainable vendor and customer relationships (internal and external), plus the ability to collaborate with and influence others.
- The AGM must have the ability to establish credibility and trust in relationships with customers, associates and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills including information sharing, active listening, brevity and persuasiveness.
- Experience and ability to develop, translate and implement strategic plans, think long term and “big picture”, broad-based and integrate complexities in problem solving and decision making.
- Strong prioritization skills. Need to address the critical few priorities while not losing perspective on the secondary and lower level issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Strong market and product knowledge and ability to integrate critical market intelligence (competition, trends, etc.) in order to grow the market highly preferred but will consider non-industry experience