With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
Nissan’s Southeast Sales Region is currently looking for dynamic sales leader to join the region’s Senior Management team in Florida. The primary goal of the Area General Manager (AGM) will be to increase market share for the Nashville Area while driving wholesale and retail objectives. The Area General Manager (AGM) will maximize the region’s strategy by managing and developing a group of Dealer Operations Mangers (DOM) and Fixed Operation Managers (FOM).
- Manages a group of Dealer Operations Managers (DOM) and Fixed Operations Managers (FOM) to achieve all new vehicle wholesale, retail, parts and accessory sales objectives, including commercial, for an assigned group of districts.
- In addition, promotes and supports all customer satisfaction and sales enhancing programs such as CPO and rental programs that drive customer loyalty and longer term results.
- Promotes DOM/FOM coordination to maximize area’s and region’s sales.
- Maintains routine contact with dealerships and monitors sales reports to ensure adequate coverage and support.
- Coaches DOMs and FOMs on sales operations assessments and improvement action plans and supports the most challenging dealer performance situations.
- Leads dealer facing corrective performance actions and decisions as directed by RVP and national Dealer Network Development.
- Identifies best in class dealerships’ practices and recommends incorporation into regional and national programs and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related business discipline (i.e. Marketing, Finance, etc.) plus 10-15 yearsMarketing & Sales experience within the automotive industry, including:
- 5+ years as a Dealer Operations Manager or equivalent OEM wholesale vehicle, direct dealer contact role
- 3+ years field sales/operations experience within a strategic major market
- 2-5 years managing the work of others; ability to evaluate work and develop employees to improve performance, both formally and in the moment coaching
- Prior work may be a combination within a dealership, region, headquarters, or manufacturing facility to include various specialties of the automotive industry including: Sales Ops, Dealer Agreements, Marketing, Sales Reporting, Market Rep Studies, Pricing, Consumer Affairs, Distribution, Customer Satisfaction, Advertising/Promotions,Warranty,Facilities/Merchandising, CMM, Contests & Incentives, Product Planning, etc.
- Proven excellence mentoring, persuading and inspiring sales staff; ability to drive performance of others as well as influence the actions of others who may not be under your direct control
- Thorough understanding of the various aspects of dealership operations including marketing, advertising and promotions; market representation function, and sales and service agreements; customer satisfaction index (CSI) survey process and reports; parts and accessories sales and service operations; and financial analysis and business management operations.
- Advanced analytical skills relating to market potential and sales performance and the ability to make related decisions that can significantly affect profitability.
- Excellent ability in negotiation and presentation at the national, regional, and dealership level. Experience leading dealer facing corrective performance actions and incorporating impacts of market representation changes into assigned area; Comprehensive understanding of dealer agreements and required performance and policy compliance for dealerships.