Responsible for managing all functions for multiple college bookstores within a geographic group including establishing budgets and financial goals, service levels, policy administration, employment, supervision and development of store staff. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures. Interfaces with faculty, staff, and school administrators, ensuring good campus relations.
Demonstrates strong knowledge of Follett systems and strategies (Included Program, Academic Tools, System Integrations, and etc.), the industry and the competitive landscape in order to execute initiatives, drive profitable sales and control expenses. Motivate and empower associates through strong communication, change managements and clear direction in order to maintain alignment with strategic direction.
Partners with various support partners to include Store Operations, AP, HR and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity, Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic Competencies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for full cycle talent management, to include recruiting, training, coaching and talent development. Work to identify key talent to support talent pipeline. Ensure effective performance management and maintain a culture of accountability. Develop cross-functional teams of engagedassociates with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results.
- Serves as Follett representative, in conjunction with Regional Manager, to meet with and present Follett strategies and initiatives to business contacts, faculty, Dean and administrators.
- Provides leadership and direction to store management based on analysis of store sales and overall financials to determine store and department performance, and adjusts appropriately, while overseeing annual budget preparation process for the district. Summarizes district store data into management reports. Provides direction on labor budgets and staff scheduling.
- Works with store management to ensure the security of company assets and the safety of associates and customers, and adherence to Company policies.
- Analyzes district level enrollment figures, past history, inventory levels and current adoptions to work with store management to determine the appropriate level of course materials to purchase during buyback and the quantity of new course materials to order. Ensures orders for the district are placed in a timely manner.
- Works with store management to develop saleable inventory plans to maintain proper levels to anticipate and meet customer demand. Supports and may supervise district's annual inventory.
- Interacts with customers, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and home office staff to share information to improve and drive market share. Handles escalated complaints and campus issues. May occasionally entertain campus contact or other decision makers.
- Maintain a hassle free atmosphere driving the Follett culture, which includes resolving all escalated concerns from guests, faculty, vendors, facility-related concerns, and back of house.
- May work on renovation projects, store reorganizations, new store openings and store closings. Responds to requests for special reports, information or for help on special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- 5+ years of big box, multi-unit retail management experiencerequired
- Academic retailexperience a plus
- Strong General Merchandising experience
- 5 million plus in total sales volume.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Advanced relationship building
- A demonstrated ability to influence a team
- Customer outreach
- Advanced computer skills