The Area Director, Sales is responsible for delivering annual revenue in the range of $700M to $1.3B. This comes from expert level planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an Area to effectively execute sales strategies. A key attribute of the Director's success will be the ability to lead, coach, and develop people and lead by example. The ability to multiply one's efforts across a broader sales leadership team is an essential element in delivering the number.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of comprehensive business strategies and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the Area.
- Develops the sales forecast and ensures achievement of the sales budget for the Area.
- Maintains accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
- Assists, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
- Meets periodically with sales management or sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool) and customer retention and relationship activities; reviews sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
- Participates with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company's available services, lines of business and pricing structures to assist sales management in particular selling circumstances as the need arises.
- Reviews particularly complex Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions, pricing, accuracy, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Prior waste industry or service industry experience.Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
- Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Is responsible for one's performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a sales management role that includes experience managing other sales personnel and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans.
- Valid driver's license.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.