Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as an Area Director of Pharmacy! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients’ home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As an Area Director of Pharmacy you will:
Directs and coordinates functions and activities of the multiple Pharmacy Departments located in hospitals in a designated area.
Ensures compliance with patient carequality standards.
Directs and controls the purchase and inventory maintenance of all pharmaceuticals and related substances, supplies.
Directs and participates in the department’s planning, revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resource management activities.
Consults with and advises Administration, Medical staff and hospital staff on quality, regulatory and risk issues within the department of Pharmacy.
Participates in all JCAHO and regulatory body surveys.
Supports and serve as consultant to all Medical staff and clinical service personnel on pharmaceutical related issues.
Area Director of Pharmacy, Director of Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharm D, Hospital, LTAC, Acute Care, Transitional Care Hospitals
As an Area Director of Pharmacy you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is required from an accredited college of pharmacy, Master’s and Pharm D preferred.
- Current Pharmacist licensure in the state where the hospital is located.
- Four years experience in Pharmacy Management including Performance Management.
- Experience in coordinating meetings.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, JCAHO, CMS and state guidelines.
- Clinical background in patient care field required.
- Experience in facilitating teams.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures.
- Basic understanding of the role and use of a computer in the processing of prescription orders with minimum word processing skills.
Job Number: 328806