From outdoor recreation to 300 days of sunshine- the Mile-High City has it all. In the heart of it all we would like to welcome you to the brand-new Courtyard Denver Airport at Gateway Park. This new property is part of a "cluster" of Stonebridge managed properties close to Denver International Airport, that also includes the Residence Inn Denver Airport and the Aloft Denver Airport.
This fabulous cluster is currently searching for an Area Director of Sales to join their winning team! The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of sales success and a strong work ethic. The Area Director of Sales will be responsible for leading and motivating a sales team and consistently delivering sales results for a cluster of three prosperous area hotels representing a major brand with an outstanding reputation. Previous hotel sales experience is required. Delivering daily on Distinguished Hospitality™ that is what we expect of you, but we also expect you excel at the following:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cohesively with the Sales Departments to book group business by promptly responding to leads through various online networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in the downtown metropolitan area.
- Manage workflow through the Sales Pro system, properly responding and filing data according to company and brand standards.
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and industry events when assigned
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of detail and efficiency.
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- Assists with settings sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits for assigned hotel/s in your territory.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as assigned.
- Communicate with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- Exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the current market. Must be innovative and gregarious and at home when interacting with people.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible sales management experience.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions, including MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Prior experience overseeing the sales efforts of multi-property hotels is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient use of Sales Pro.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word is required, specifically Excel.
- May supervise Sales Manager/s, Sales Coordinators or similar positions.
- Ability to sit for 25% or more of time.
- Ability to travel and work outside of the hotel
- Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to make sales calls 50% of the time.