The purpose of an AREA DIRECTOR OF SALES is to solicit business to each of the hotel. This should be done in a way to maximize profits and through creative selling and selection processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cohesively with the Sales Departments to book group business by promptly responding to leads through various online networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in the downtown metropolitan area.
- Manage workflow through the Sales Pro system, properly responding and filing data according to company and brand standards.
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and industry events when assigned
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of detail and efficiency.
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- Assists with settings sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits for assigned hotel/s in your territory.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as assigned.
- Communicate with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- This person has the ability to exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the current market. Must be innovative and gregarious and at home when interacting with people.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
- Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
- Monitors and controls labor costs.
- Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
- Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
- Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); college level sales / marketing classes or Business Degree preferred.
4 to 6 years of hands-on hotel sales experience in a similar environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience overseeing the sales efforts of a dual or multi-property hotels is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient use of Sales Pro.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word is required, specifically Excel. Experience with automated accounting systems is preferred.
- May supervise Sales Manager/s, Sales Coordinators or similar positions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Primarily indoor work environment
• Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
Ability to sit for 25% or more of time.
Ability to travel and work outside of the hotel
Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to make sales calls 50% of the time.