The purpose of an AREA DIRECTOR OF SALES is to solicit business to each of the hotel. This should be done in a way to maximize profits and through creative selling and selection processes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cohesively with the Sales Departments to book group business by promptly responding to leads through various online networks, cold calling and visiting local businesses in the downtown metropolitan area.
- Manage workflow through the Sales Pro system, properly responding and filing data according to company and brand standards.
- Participate in promotional events, trade shows, community and industry events when assigned
- Perform the required job functions with a high attention of detail and efficiency.
- Organize, prioritize and follow-up with a sense of urgency.
- Assists with settings sales strategies to achieve overall property goals for both rate and occupancy.
- Understand the hotel's operations, including room types, meeting capacities, services, features and benefits for assigned hotel/s in your territory.
- Review monthly STAR reports and create action plans as assigned.
- Communicate with Revenue Management and GM to ensure that pricing is appropriate and adjust selling strategies as needed.
- This person has the ability to exceed revenue goals by offering an exciting alternative to the current market. Must be innovative and gregarious and at home when interacting with people.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED); college level sales / marketing classes or Business Degree preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of hands-on hotel sales experience in a similar environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience overseeing the sales efforts of a dual or multi-property hotels is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient use of Sales Pro.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word is required, specifically Excel. Experience with automated accounting systems is preferred.
- May supervise Sales Manager/s, Sales Coordinators or similar positions.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Primarily indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
- Ability to sit for 25% or more of time.
- Ability to travel and work outside of the hotel
- Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to make sales calls 50% of t