Convene will soon be opening its first location in Downtown Chicago in Q4 of 2018 (Citadel, and later Willis Tower).
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform. Founded in 2009, Convene has locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C., with plans to expand globally. The company has been named one of America’s 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes, one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine, and the #11 Best Workplace in New York by Fortune Magazine.
Convene is a values first organization. We deliver our platform through our culture and values based decisions. Leaders that join our team are values aligned, collaborative and continuously seek opportunities be 1% better every day.
The Area Director of Sales position is responsible for planning and implementing sales, and community development programs to meet and exceed budgeted revenue. This position will establish both short and long range goals, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Embody the Convene Core Values and Culture
- Support Sales Plan objectives through a coach centric approach to directing, coordinating and assisting the sales team; while maintaining key customer relationships for the Chicago area.
- Develop, communicate and monitor annual Sales Plans for the region and assist in establishing appropriate sales objectives for Convene Meetings, and Convene Workplaces.
- Assist in supporting, training, coaching and monitoring area and business unit managers to achieve sales objectives and performance standards
- Direct, communicate and implement appropriate sales policies and practices.
- Establish an expense budget including promotional activities, to ensure regional teams stay within guidelines to appropriately control costs and aligned with corporate initiatives.
- Implement approved Distribution Strategies in order to build a loyal customer base.
- Assist in supporting, training, and coaching the Sales team to ensure Brand and Culture Alignment, enhance the customer experience
- Work directly with the Regional Director of Operations to maximize efficiency and increase sales and profitability.
- Work with VP, Sales and VP Commerce to establish optimal market pricing and booking guidelines.
- Assist others as an information resource to the organization by completing reports, responding to information requests and collaborating with internal resources.
- Establish and foster strong partnerships with industry organizations: i.e. MPI, CVB, CoreNet, Commercial Broker Community, and local hotels, etc.
- Supervises Account Directors and Account Managers and Account Coordinators within the Area.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- This position reports to the VP, Sales in New York
- Experience in supervising sales teams, vendor relationships and directing overall field activity. Multi-property oversight experiencepreferred within the hospitality industry.
- Ability to maintain a high level of sales morale and productivity.
- Industry/market knowledge.
- Understand sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities.
- Understand and prepare sales forecasts, budgets, quotas and other projections.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- 5 - 7 years of sales leadership experience; multi-unit sales hospitality leadership experiencepreferred
- 20% Travelrequired to customer locations and Area Convene locations
- Travel to trade shows & other exhibitions to support the Brand