Crestline Hotels and Resorts is currently on the hunt for an experienced Area Director of Revenue Management. The ultimate goal of this role is to maximize the overall hotel revenue for a portfolio of hotels through the development and implementation of effective transient/group inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts.
This position can be based remotely within the United States. Prior Hilton Revenue Management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Formulate and deploy transient/group inventory restrictions and pricing strategies, utilizing Strategy Reports and Rate Strategy Analysis, designed to maximize revenue from a rate and occupancy perspective. Consult with Sales Managers on rate/inventory suitability of all potential group business.
- Prepare and facilitate the Weekly Sales Strategy meetings and Daily Business Review (REVMAX) meetings. Analyze data and make recommended strategies to the group and implement agreed upon changes as soon as possible after the meetings.
- Manage group block activity. Responsible for management of group cutoff dates, securing and reviewing all rooming lists, monitoring group block activity (i.e., pickup, wash). When necessary or appropriate, communicate with group contacts and/or housing bureaus.
- Manage the input of data and report generation in the Revenue Management systems. Analyze End of Month Reports and critique prior strategies.
- Manage/monitor Central Reservations System, Global Distribution Systems and third party sites to maintain consistency with property level inventory strategies and align with Crestline Hotel & Resorts Best Available Rate (BAR) pricing philosophy.
- Prepare occupancy and revenue forecasts. Assist in preparation of annual budget and Strategic Business Sales Plan.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Professionally represent the hotel by participating in hotel owner meetings and client and industry functions.
- Develop working relationships with managers in the Group and Catering Sales Offices, providing consultation on strategies for booking optimal group and catering business.
- Continually monitor actions of competitive hotels (product quality improvements, supply changes, pricing strategies, service offerings, etc.).
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Crestline Hotels & Resorts rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Education & Experience:
- Six years hotel management experience with a minimum of three years of Revenue Management or related discipline experiencerequired.
- Experience working with Hilton revenue management systems preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare, implement and update the Strategic Sales Plan.
- Effective ability to supervise and motivate staff to maintain optimal department operation and staff development.
- Extensive knowledge of competitive hotels.
- Complete knowledge of hotel rooms and meeting related services available to guests.
- Ability to use/manipulate the Central Reservation, Yield Management and Property Management Systems for tracking, forecasting and executing optimal selling strategies. Clear understanding of using third party extranet sites and all other available sources of business.
- Comprehension of the reservation sales process.
- Understanding of the group sales process