Headquartered in New York City, located in midtown Manhattan on New York's famed Eastside, our Loews Hotels & Co Home Office teams provide support to all our properties throughout the United States and Canada. Our talented teams provide guidance over strategic planning, operations, revenue management, communications, marketing, finance, human resources, and information technology.Loews Hotels & Co seeks a senior, creative and strategic marketer to drive the integrated marketing strategies, with a strong focus on demand generation, brand-accretive guest experiences and loyalty.
The Area Director of Marketing will be responsible for marketing activities associated with the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, the Loews Boston Hotel, Hotel Vogue and will oversee a small team of Social Media associates. Experience in all aspects of the marketing mix is essential. This person will be seated out of either the Loews Hotels & Co Home Office or the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
Within the confines of the hotels' marketing budgets and business requirements, this position will be entirely responsible for driving innovative marketing strategies and distribution solutions, with a strong focus on demand generation, brand experience and loyalty initiatives which will improve key financial and customer metrics for the hotels and their venues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Fulfill a marketing leadership role within the hotels: Analyze their competitive strengths / USPs and develop hotel brand marketing positioning and communicate core consumer messaging that clearly differentiates the hotels from their competitors
- Lead the development and delivery of the annual Marketing plans and Marketing budgets in line with the hotel strategic priorities and revenue target by market segments
- Develop content let communication plan and integrate across key internal / external channels to communicate hotel positioning and brand passions to target audience. This includes photography, video, copywriting and other forms of storytelling content, ensuring delivery in adherence with brand guidelines and hotel positioning.
- Work collaboratively with Sales and Revenue Management teams to create individual tactical & segmental marketing plan for each designated hotel focusing on demand generation and high impact activities with proven ROI across all key segments (meetings, leisure, Suites, restaurants)
- Liaise with the Digital Field Marketing Manager to ensure online platforms, digital campaigns, CRM and media are optimized to drive improved revenue and profitability to the hotels
- Drive the positioning / activation of the restaurants & bars on the local market. Work with internal and external resources to define clear positioning for relevant outlets that resonates under the overall hotel positioning. Develop & implement local marketing activities aiming to engage with locals and increase capture ratio from in-house guests.
- Act as a Brand Champion with the hotel teams. Together with the General Manager and Property Brand Activation Teams, drive brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotels 'messaging and guest experience.
- Pro-actively identify relevant marketing partners for the hotels and manage these relationships profitably to raise hotel awareness, drive demand, deepen loyalty and enrich brand experience
- Drive loyalty marketing: Focus on increasing engagement with returning guests through the organization of events, and personalized guest experiences
- Support sales team with the creation of marketing collateral and tactical promotions associated with the key market segments (E.g. Groups, Meetings, Suites…)
- Ensure full compliance with all Loews brand Marketing standards & programs
- Champion and manage the Social Media strategy in line with the brand positioning and hotels' stories. Specific focus on online reputation management and guest engagement.
- Work closely with the PR director to define unique stories that are news-worthy and brand accretive in order to amplify the positioning of Loews hotels and brands and increase awareness amongst key target audiences
- Regular attendance in conformance with standards
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs
- Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
- Ability to perform "Physical Requirements" as explained below
- Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
- Professionally represent the hotels in coordination with the hotel management team in community and industry organizations and events
- Provide constructive feedback to all departments, specifically in relation to the Commercial / Restaurants/Bars strategies and Brand Activation efforts across all departments
- Be a leader and role model to all associates
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, both verbal and written
- True Brand ambassador
- Event management / organizational skills
- Understanding of consumer trends in the digital sphere
- Creative, innovative, proactive and resourceful
- Passion for lifestyle brands and the travel & hospitality industries
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans
- Marketing degree/experience required
- 8+ years of marketing experience