Responsible for strategic direction of the Rhode Island chapter office, including but not limited to, achievement of annual net revenue goals; achievement of outcomes as outlined in annual operational plan or framework; hiring and successful management of talent needed to lead the office and achieve revenue goals and established outcomes. Primary revenue accomplishment is through the direction of multiple campaigns, projects and programs. Ensure that all aspects of the area activities are in alignment with the LLS Strategic Plan.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
- Responsible for revenue generation and successful implementation of multiple campaigns - primarily Man Woman of the Year and Students of the Year in the Rhode Island chapter area.
- Implement and develop all strategies related to Rhode Island campaigns and initiatives to ensure a growth trajectory.
- Active member of the Chapter Executive Team providing overall leadership, mentoring and operational direction to ensure cost-effective and efficient systems.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, assumes the responsibilities for Chapter management in all areas/functions through collaboration with other executive team members.
- Collaborate with chapter leaders with regard to volunteer development and management for the local Board of Trustees (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation), required to plan and implement campaigns, events and initiatives.
- Partner with Operations Director and other staff, to provide operational leadership overseeing Rhode Island budget planning and reporting including, but not limited to tracking income and expenses associated with campaigns/events and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Represents the best interests, professionalism and integrity of the chapter and LLS in all activities and relationships through a unified message of the LLS mission and a commitment to organizational standards.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the LLS mission and programs to promote the field and campaign fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 -10 years of fundraising and revenue generation experience.
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy, advocacy and research
- Prior nonprofit leadership experience with at least 3-5 team members.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Knowledge of Rhode Island preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Weekend & evening work may be required
- Travel is required within Chapter’s designated area, to campaign trainings and to region meetings
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
Job ID 2017-2961