Young Life’s area director role requires a dynamic, vibrant personality that will help helm Young Life for a specific area of schools. This person is a self-starter with a high sense of drive and a missional mindset. He or she loves the Lord and has a growing spiritual life outside of the ministry. This person possesses the perseverance to ask, inspire and motivate adults and kids in the ministry. He or she must be able to multitask and prioritize what is necessary for the area at any given time. We are looking for someone who is mature in his or her faith and looking to help others do the same. Able to excel at the bearing points of the ministry: Spiritual Growth, Committee, Ministry, Leadership, and Fundraising.
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ and is actively growing in ways outside of the Young Life ministry.
- Grasps the idea of “relational ministry” and earning the right to be heard in the community.
- Spiritually develops volunteer leaders, committee and kids in the local area.
- Develops a thought-out vision and plan for spiritual growth.
- Adheres to Young Life’s policies for staff people.
Volunteer Development/Direct Ministry
- Able to inspire and cast vision, inviting new volunteer committee and leaders into the ministry while giving them ownership and helping them to develop as leaders.
- Models consistency and excellence in building relationships with kids, programmatic events including Bible studies, outreach-related activities, leader meetings and committee meetings. (These are often night-time meetings.)
- Implements a training program to help volunteers become excellent in their roles and with kids.
- Executes a camp strategy that maximizes kids' opportunities to respond and react to the Christian faith. (Includes weeklong summer camping, weeklong discipleship camping, and weekend camping trips throughout the year as scheduled.)
- Provides leadership to the volunteer adult committee partnering to raise the local area budget as well as maintaining it with stewardship capability.
- Helps to develop and execute a financial strategy to achieve budgetary goals. (This includes personal fundraising, fundraising events, and gathering area donations.)
- Is the “Chief Asker, Communicator, and Storyteller.”
- Has a communication plan for the area to reach new and current parents, kids, leaders, school administration and committee.
National, Divisional and Regional Responsibilities
- Pursues national, divisional and regional trainings as assigned. Travels when necessary throughout the year.
- Attends month-long assignments at Young Life properties in the summer when assigned.
- Is an active part of a Regional Dream Team throughout the year. This is a group of staff who either put on an event or enhance strategy in the region.
- Some of these responsibilities require travel, overnight stays, etc., throughout the year.
Southwest Fort Wayne is a growing and thriving suburban community which includes two high schools and two middle schools. Young Life has a rich history over the past 12 years in this community with an average of 50 kids at club each week. This is currently a volunteer-led area with a brand new committee that is inspired and ready for a big and bold vision for building a dynamic ministry. Fort Wayne is known as the best city in America to raise a family and is on the rise. Things are growing fast in Northeast Indiana and are in need of strong leadership to keep moving it forward. The area director will have an associate regional director in Fort Wayne to help him or her transition into the role.