The Area Director, Field Services is responsible for leading and guiding Field Services initiatives, goals and sales support objectives across the Central US. This position has 2 direct (Regional Manager) reports and approximately 20 indirect reports. This position reports to the Executive Director, Field Services.
- Direct, manage and guide the Regional Managers and Field Staff in their daily activities.
- Provide high level sales support, throughout the Area, to the customer base and end users.
- Lead the Area to ensure that outstanding field sales support and guidance are provided.
- Spend time in the field on a regular basis meeting with our GAF customer base and internal selling organization, this is an important function within the role. Relationship building with business stakeholders is essential.
- Travel throughout the Area of responsibility, is required and expected.
- Consult with and support the Executive Director of Field Services and GAF senior leadership on
- business issues and trends
- field and sales business activity
- roofing claims/application issues
- Provide technical guidance and support internally, within the GAF organization
- Be a known expert resource and point of contact on guarantee/warranty claims or issues
- Develop project scopes for roofing work and/or repairs
- Provide technical support for product enhancements and development, including field trials/mock ups/R&D assistance
- Oversee the budget and expenses
- Lead initiatives as set forth by senior GAF leadership to provide world class sales support and service to our external and internal business partners and GAF customers
- Represent GAF at the industry association level and events as required
- Bachelor's Degree coupled with 10+ years of experience that is related to the duties of this role
- Degreed Engineering background is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of the roofing and waterproofing industry including: core products, their use, application, methods of specifying, problem resolution and technical developments
- Basic knowledge of G-Suite, APP based platforms
- Previous management of national or regional teams: construction products/roofing/waterproofing related
- Understanding and experience in general commercial building construction methods, both new and retrofit
- Understanding and experience in general residential/light construction methods, both new and retrofit
- Professional Registration is a plus: PE, AIA or RRC
- Excellent Communication: above average skills are required, present professional reports and documents as called for
- Building Strategic Working Relationships: collaborate across internal and external business partners
- Managing Conflict: staff management, external problem and conflict resolution on projects
- Aligning performance with success: build the bench strength of the regions
- Business acumen: aligned and aware of sales goals and general GAF go to market strategy
- Building partnerships: essential. Knows the customer base and the internal selling organization, a strong emphasis is placed on this skill set as this is an absolute requirement for the position
- Stress tolerance: demands around travel, staff management and construction related issues must be managed
- Time management (advanced)
- Presentation and communication skills (advanced)
- Cross functional working (advanced)
- Strong communication skills (advanced)
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to effectively manage a large workload (advanced)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously (advanced)
- Advanced interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate/coordinate plans with other departments and customers (advanced)
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving (advanced)
- Financial acumen (intermediate)
- Self-starter willing to do what it takes and multi-task to get results and meet deadlines.(advanced)
- Demonstrated ability to be a great team member and leader including ability to work well in a team environment with all levels of the organization.(advanced)