The Area Directorreports to the Director of Operations and has overall responsibility for the operations of assigned restaurants including quality, service, inventory, sanitation, and sales. The Area Director directs the recruitment, retention and development of the restaurant Managers.
Directs and manages overall operations of restaurants through direct managing, on-site visits and analysis of reports. Ensures that territory achieves financial commitments and guest satisfaction standards
1. Provides strategic and tactical guidance on developing restaurant operations, standards and guidelines including service, product preparation, sales, guest relations, alcohol awareness, safety/security, marketing and GM development.
2. Ensures direct reports perform all necessary administrative and accounting duties promptly and properly. This includes preparing/overseeing and submitting of accurate daily/weekly/monthly paperwork, ensuring cash handling procedures, maintaining and controlling of restaurant assets, maintaining food and beverage inventory, compiling with local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines, adhering to the restaurant operating budget, and managing service contracts.
3. Review and monitors capital expenditures within each restaurant and for assigned territory.
4. Analyzes systems and procedures for continual improvement of earning goals. Provides strategic direction for sales, operations and promotions
5. Supervises territory manpower, i.e., hiring, assignment, training, motivation, evaluation, promotions, discipline, and termination of restaurant management personnel. Responsible for General Management development, evaluation, training and discipline.
6. Communicates effectively with all management and home office personnel including senior staff members and business partners
7. Oversees and evaluates local and company promotions and insures the timely implementation of marketing materials.
8. Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities within specified time frames.
Bachelor's degree in restaurant management or related field or equivalent experience is required.
A minimum of (5) five years restaurant management experience with knowledge of service, food and beverage operations and supervising staff is required. A minimum of (6) six years management experience in all of the following operational areas; Kitchen, Front Operations and Financial/Human Resource and Systems Management are required.
A minimum of (3) three years experience as an area director or multi-unit manager.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location.
Ability to exhibit a professional image is required.
Ability to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four (4) hours in length and have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Ability to have the stamina to work a minimum of 50 to 60 hours a week.