We are looking for a seasoned operational leader with superior leadership skills who can motivate and inspire others to deliver continuous profitable growth. You will be a key member of the NDT team, executing strategy, driving results and developing plans that drive the organization to perform at its full potential.
Reporting to the National Director, Operations, the Area Director-Western Canada is responsible for leading National Diabetes Trust’s business operations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Area Director-Western Canada will work with the regional teams and other NDT colleagues to provide strategic development for operations including business plans and new business development. The role is also a key resource to managers and their staff in Western Canada.
This role will be based in Western Canada: Vancouver, Langley, Coquitlam, Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg).
The selected candidate for this role will meet the following minimum requirements:
- A degree from a recognized university in business or other relevant degree; or equivalent work experience, ideally within unionized logistics/transportation, waste management, restaurant or related sectors
- 10+ years proven track record in a business environment combined with exposure to the charitable sector with at least 5-7 years in management
- Strong business, strategic, marketing, analytic and planning skills
- Proven people leader who inspires and motivates others
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Well developed organizational skills with an ability to focus both on critical detail and on the “big picture”
- Capacity to identify and nurture internal and external resources (both staff and volunteers) to build a strong team
- Computer literate, proven senior management experience and multicultural experience an asset.
· Strong communication/public relations experience
- Willingness to travel: 40% to 50% of your time to operations in Western Canada