The Chicago office of America's most renowned foreign policy organizations is looking for a motivated, energetic, creative person with a proven track record in sales, client relations, politics, fundraising, or another field that shows your ability to build strong relationships, close deals, and grow revenue. AIPAC works to keep America strong and our ally Israel secure, and we're looking for a new fundraiser to join our Chicago based team.
If you love Israel, have management experience, understand politics, possess leadership skills, and you're supremely motivated this is an exceptional opportunity!
- Deliver speeches and briefings on the US-Israel relationship and pro-Israel activism
- Create and execute an annual development plan aimed at growing AIPAC's membership.
- This will include: face-to-face solicitations of donors and activists, phone solicitations, in-person meetings and events, donor and activist cultivation and stewardship.
- In partnership with the Regional Political Director, solicit participation for organized pro-Israel political activity.
- Cultivate and recruit new members, donors and activists
- Develop lay leadership for local and national AIPAC roles
- Recruit participants for national and local programs
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and management skills
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community
- 3 years minimum work experience in related field or as an involved lay leader
- Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship as well as deep knowledge of issues relating to Israel, the Middle East and the U.S.-Israel relationship
- Experience with face-to-face solicitation or sales
- Ability to multitask
- Public speaking skills
- Understanding of the local and national political landscape preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred or commensurate experience