We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
Holland & Knight LLP seeks an experienced marketing professional to be based in any of the firm’s Texas, offices, including Austin, Dallas, or Houston. This position will deliver proactive, coordinated marketing support for the Texas attorneys’ marketing efforts in conjunction withsupporting the firm’s Marketing Department, with a focus on regional activities in our three Texas offices (Austin, Dallas and Houston).
Additional support of core local practice groups based there, as well as some support for the Financial Services practice nationally. The right candidate will be professionally involved in at least one of the Texas communities in which Holland & Knight’s offices are located. A strong understanding of the various industries in and around Texas is expected.
- Provide local/regional marketing support including, bio updates, new hire orientation, local office budgets and photo administration.
- Experience withevent management isrequired.
- Working with our national Events Team, coordinate and execute all aspects of local and practice-specific events in Texas. Examples include, but are not limited to, breakfast briefings, seminars, receptions, open houses, our Texas Dove Hunt and Texas-specific trade shows.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Manage multiple marketing and practice development efforts to ensure they are in alignment with the firm’s focus and objectives.
- Ability to build credibility and developinternal and external relationships by demonstrating:
- Resourcefulness, and ability to work under direction, as part of a team and independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (email, telephone and in-person) as well as editing skills
- Proactive, confident attitude and approach
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize projects with enthusiasm
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- The ability to provide consistently superior level of service to internal and external clients
- Professional appearance and ability to speak comfortably with clients and other guests at events
- Experience with CRM, information systems, and database functionality/concepts is a plus.
- Support the Senior Business Development Manager for Financial Services
- Work with PR team to draft local press releases, helping to support the profile-raising activities of the Texas offices.
- Track local marketing activity and include information in weekly transmissions.
- Work directly with practice development marketers and attorneys to deliver targeted marketing presentations, pitch/proposals/RFP responses and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist the lawyers to effect strategy in key practice areas and help generate new business consistent with developed strategy.
- Prepare annual local/regional marketing expenses budgets, and monitor and control marketing and business development expenditures throughout the year.
- Assist with the Women’s Initiative, and other firm affinity groups, with local programs.
- Coordinate local Community Service initiatives.
- Maintain local directory listings and respond to local/regional surveys.
- Coordinate the updating of the firm's practice development information in responsible areas.
- Ability to identify high profile opportunities and bring forward speaking, panel positions and leadership roles for attorneys; drive attendance and positioning at events where attorneys are speaking on panels a plus.
- Directly to the Business Section Senior Manager and Manager
- Direct and working relationship with Texas offices attorneys and the firm's CMO