• Partners with the Area Real Estate Manager in gathering and analyzing information on the potential of the market and each restaurant in assigned geographical area
• Provides input in the creation of the vision plan
• Partners with the Area Real Estate Manager to utilize PMO tools to strategically focus and prioritize actions to maximize market potential
• Assists the Area Real Estate Manager in ensuring that the PMO database is accurate and current.
Maximizes Existing Assets:
• Utilizes the Gold Site Development Standards to optimize the sales performance of existing restaurants.(e.g.visibility,24 hour,drive-thru,landscaping,signage,marketing,access)
• Proactively identifies opportunities for potential improvements in physical plant and infrastructure (e.g., HVAC, lighting, signage, utilities)
• Supports the Area Real Estate Manager in ensuring resolution of property issues (e.g., common area maintenance disputes, tax appeals, condemnations, excess property, easements)
• Ensures resolution of physical plant and infrastructure issues .
• Provides construction and design recommendations for specific elements of reinvestment/reimaging plans (e.g., seating, LSM, exterior enhancements, drive-thru enhancement, capacities, branding)
• Reinforces and supports the reinvestment /reimaging standards to O/Os and Operations throughout the reinvestment/reimaging process.
• Coordinates with O/Os and Operations to determine project scope and timing.
• Coordinates and manages entire construction process (plans, bids, permits, construction, and project close-out)
• Partners with Area Real Estate Manager to prioritize development opportunities to ensure best use of capital (e.g., timing, funding and returns) within the region.
• Creates, manages, and executes the development plan to meet portfolio returns and goals of the Development team.
• Ensures quality control standards for construction (e.g., cost, timing, site building design layout, specifications)
• Works with US Restaurant Design Group to ensure consistency and apply Gold Site Development Standards to optimize the site development processes (e.g., site layout, zoning, signage, building capacity)
• Monitors and controls the construction process by coordinating the efforts of others (e.g., contractors, attorneys, consultants, government agencies).
• Negotiates terms and conditions of construction agreements (e.g., price, timing).
• Assembles and presents construction contracts packages to management for approval.
• Works with Real Estate Department to secure all required approvals.
• Ensures projects are closed out appropriately (e.g., punch-list, contractor documentation, collection of O/O extra checks, collection of third part receivables, invoicing, and adherence to construction-related accounting principles).
• Ensures appropriate construction files are maintained for all projects.
• Communicates and implements corporate policies and procedures (e.g., Red/Yellow/Green design standards, rebuild, relocation, STO, alliances)
• Fosters the Team approach to Development within the region.
• Develops and utilizes a network of contractors and other outside consultants.
• Provides effective consulting and maintains effective working relationships with regional leadership, O/O’s, other McDonald departments, alliance partners and other outside organizations
• Provides input into Operator's Business Reviews (e.g., physical plant, reinvestment recommendations)
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Manager, Architecture or Civil Engineering desired
• 3-5 years’ experience.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills