Kansas City, KS
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 132 days ago
The Area Business Leader (ABL) will be responsible for directing a group of our field Sales Specialists who will be dedicated to meeting or exceeding sales objectives and establishing Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation in the Neuroscience community. Each Area Business Leader will supervise approximately 7-10 Sales Specialists.
The incumbent will be responsible for the hiring, training & development of Sales Specialists, performance evaluation and compensation, and efficient and effective account targeting and coverage. This position will require a strong ability to work cross-functionally with mass-market customer business units, Regional Account Managers, and the therapeutic business units. Incumbents will need to fully understand the Neuroscience market, develop actionable business plans for their geography, participate in the formulation of National strategy and programs and implement National and Area strategy. The position will require travel in order to maintain contact with the various customer groups as well as attendance at key conventions and programs.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in Life Sciences, Pharmacy, or Business related discipline)
• 5 or more years of Pharmaceutical Sales Experience.
• Current pharmaceutical/biotech sales manager with 2+ years management experience OR current Novartis associate that has successfully completed the Novartis Sales Management Development Program (SMDP).
• 2 or more years of Specialty Sales and/or management experience in Neuroscience.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to increase sales through facilitating relationships between Managed Care institutions.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a group towards meeting and exceeding objectives.
• Strong leadership, planning and organization, and problem solving and decision making skills.