The Area Activation Manager position will be responsible for leading the Pernod Ricard on-premise activation specialists and brand ambassador program from a brand marketing/sales lens through management, development, leadership and performance; and execution of best in class activation, sales, and programming. This position also will supportportfolio programs, activation/sales performance and overall program management.
Management of Activation Specialists and Brand Ambassador:
- Oversee the division of strategically-located Activation Specialists and Brand Ambassadors whose core competencies include developing their respective brands in the On-Premise through specialized programming, selling tools, education, POS and leveraging the portfolio.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the local Activation Specialists and Brand Ambassadors ensuring schedules, pre plans, and recaps are being maintained. Act as the primary contact for the local Field Sales and Marketing teams handling all aspects of the Commercial Advocacy program on a local level.
- Ensure ambassadors are scheduled with AS on a monthly basis, working with distributor partners, educating at GSM’s and activating within the on/off premise.
Sales and Activation Growth:
- Manage the productivity and effectiveness of the Activation Specialists and Brand Ambassadors; provide guidance on budgets, KPI’s and personnel issues; manage the interaction of the Commercial Advocacy program and local sales/marketing teams; ensure accurate and efficient communication between Activation Specialists/Brand Ambassador personnel and their respective markets
- Ensure brand led KPI’s are accomplished by tracking and analyzing performance in all accounts while finding opportunities within each team members universe and guiding the team member towards them.
- Manage and prepare recaps on a bi weekly basis, host team and individual status updates or team calls. Gather recapping from local team to present at quarterly business reviews to show growth, effectiveness, success and competitive view from a local market level.
Mentor and Leadership:
- Recruit, maintain and retain the local team of talent while serving as a leader/mentor. Assist in the development of Activation Specialists and Brand Ambassador to ensure they are on a career path to grow within Pernod Ricard.
- Spend time in market doing work with team members who are showcasing wins and, also raising concern with problem accounts. Complete 7-10 in market visits per month to ensure brand consumer engagement platforms are being properly represented within the last 3 feet of the on premise to provide visibility and velocity.
- Provide ad-hoc and project management assistance to the Commercial Advocacy Director, and Brand Marketing teams in the development of relevant training, development initiatives and recruitment for activation specialists across full portfolio
Key Contact points (external and internal):
- Director of Commercial Advocacy
- Division Activation Directors
- Market Activation Managers
- Activation Specialist
- Brand Ambassadors
- Brand Activation Leads
- Local Market Managers
- Previous experience leading and managing a team in a remotework environment highly preferred.
- Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 - 7 years general work experience; minimum 5 years US Spirits experience. Sales and marketing experience required; distribution and finance experience a plus. Solid team leader.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within division.
- Strong voice – able to relay, effectively, information and points of view in a persuasive manner, building consensus across constituencies. Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Fiscally minded – able to manage, track and forecast funding needs to the benefit of the business.
- Sales Minded – able to train on ways to create sales and leverage theportfolio
- Activation Minded – understands how to activate in accounts and implement activation programs
- Analytical – able to work with other groups and agencies to measure impact of program (business growth). Seek new ways to measure/track and report programs.
- Marketing Capabilities – able to work collaboratively with all brand teams and marketing partners.
- Commercially minded – able to work collaboratively with all commercial partners, and to ensure ongoing communication.
- Team oriented – able to work collaboratively and within company style across a variety of teams, personalities and situations to ensure consistency of programming and belief in concept.