We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager in our Central Texas Area. Location is flexible, between our main offices in Austin, San Antonio and Round Rock, but our preferred location is Round Rock. This position will report to the Central Texas Area Manager. In addition to an individual that possesses analytical skills, this individual must also possess leadership, management and mentoring skills necessary to effectively orchestrate accounting support activities for a variety of operational driven metrics.
This position will manage an accounting staff of four or more and be responsible for organizing and directing core accounting activities for both the Austin and San Antonio area offices, as well as assisting both the Area Manager, Business Group Leaders, and Office Principals with specialized duties as assigned .
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with the Area Manager, Office Principals, Business Group Leads and Regional Leadership to monitor, monthly, the general ledger accounts; project budgets; invoicing; payables; receivables; collection comments and other related financial information
- Review and analyze detailed financial statements
- Perform specialized accounting functions and establish internal controls to ensure procedures and practices are in accordance with HDR policies, HDR accounting procedures and contractual client obligations
- Monthly meetings with Project Controls Specialist to go over Physical Percent Completes and Cost to Completes exercises of projects, and advise management on financial performance, when warranted
- Audit compliance with contractual requirements, which may include invoicing and reporting format, and financial quality control.
- Supervise the activity of project accountants, specific to project accounting and contractual client obligations. Ensure amendments and cost budgets are updated in our financial system in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly invoices to clients
- Communicate and correspond directly with clients with respect to invoicing, receivables and project related reporting as needed
- Respond to project-financial requests from Area Manager, Office Principals, Business Group Leads and Regional Leadership as needed
- Attend and participate in Project/Business Reviews
- Organize, assist or lead monthly revenue recognition meetings with Area Manager, Office Principals, Business Group Leads and Project Managers
- Coordinate meetings with Area Manager, Business Group Leads and Section Leaders during annual budgeting process and compile budget template materials
- Assist in maintain the Rolling Forecast spreadsheet for Earnings and Bookings projections on a monthly basis
- Ensure all timesheets have been submitted and approved by the corporate deadline each week. Verify compliance with timekeeping policies against corporate reporting metrics
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience; 5 – 10 years accounting experience preferred
- Experience with the A/E industry required
- Highly proficient with MS Office applications, Oracle experience desired
- Solid understanding of accounting principles is a must, preferably with project accounting experience in A/E industry
- Must be self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and mentor others