Do you have a passion for helping Cox Automotive deliver world-class software solutions? Would you like to do this using the newest computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping an organization understand application architectures and integration approaches, architect advanced cloud-based solutions, and launch the build-out of those systems? Are you one of those rare technologists with the communications, consultative, and leadership skills to help guide major projects to success? The Enterprise Architecture team is hiring!
This person will lead architecture for a key business delivery stream. Delivery Stream architecture leader partners with their Product and Engineering counterparts to define, plan, and execute the product engineering work for their delivery stream. As a part of the Delivery Stream Team, the Delivery Stream Architect aligns Release Trains to a common technological and architectural vision of the solution under development. They participate in defining the system and subsystems, validate technology assumptions, and evaluate alternatives. They support solution development through providing, communicating, and evolving the larger technological and architectural view of the solution. They frame solution alternatives in both Technology and Business terms, ensuring that business decisions are not made in isolation of their technology implications, and vice versa. Specific alignment context is that of Inventory Solutions portfolio and that of Cox Automotive business as a whole, including relevant technology standards, architecture patterns and common platforms.
The right individual would lead various architects in release trains and delivery teams, and extend broader leadership capabilities to a larger community of software engineers, in order to align everyone to a shared technology direction and strategy.
This role involves close collaboration with business stakeholders, teams, customers, and third-party stakeholders in defining the technology infrastructure, decomposition into components and subsystems, and the definition of interfaces between subsystems.
While providing a general view on solution architecture, they enable those who implement value by empowering them to make local decisions in order to provide a faster flow of value and better economics.
- Set the Delivery Stream architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solutions and explore solution alternatives
- Champion sound architectural solutions and effectively advocate for them at an executive level
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets within the Delivery Stream; identify opportunities to create new reusable technology assets and promote them for use at Portfolio or Enterprise level
- Analyze Delivery Steam technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering for business-appropriate technical debt handling; contribute to Portfolio-level technical debt analysis
- Direct Release Train Architects in defining subsystems and their interfaces; allocating responsibilities to subsystems; understanding solution deployment, and communicating requirements for interactions with solution context
- Work with stakeholders to establish high-level solution intent; help establish the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
- Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the Delivery Stream level; participate in the definition of others
- Operate within the Delivery Stream’s financial framework to validate the economic impact of design decisions
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, particularly the Portfolio Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of key epics
- Identify required Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features/ Capabilities, and where necessary work with Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
- Work with Product and Engineering delivery stream leaders to determine capacity allocation for architecture runway, technical debt reduction, and other enablement work
- Foster overall quality of engineering deliverables
- Evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a roadmap for future which increases the value of technology to the business
- Participate in the conceptual phases of identifying and solving business problems and initiatives
- Work with other architects to maintain overall technologyportfolio
- Performs othertechnology-related duties as needed
- 10 years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
- 3 years experience in the implementation of design and architecture processes in an Enterprise Agile environment.
- 5 years experience in IT architecture roles in large-scale, complex IT environments
- 3 years leadership experience
- A solid understanding of the solutions architecture of consumer-scale web solutions, distributed systems integration and cloud computing platforms is strongly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field, OR equivalent work experience
Job Number 1717521