NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Systems Architect and Digital Design Engineer
- Architecture Definition Requirements
- Define and document system-on-chip (SoC) and hardware IP architecture specifications.
- Analyze system-level product requirements to determine feasibility.
- Analyze use-cases to determine possible functional requirements and architecture solutions.
- Generate IP and SoC level models and implement system simulations to guarantee performance scenarios.
- Generate behavioral models used to describe IP and system functions that are used to create virtual prototypes and to feed high level synthesis design flows.
- Define strategies for die size optimization, power/clock management, pin muxing, etc.
- Insure hardware programming models are optimized for software control.
- Digital Design Requirements
- Create HDL (Verilog) to capture the behavior of hardware IP specifications
- Create simulation test benches that verify the correctness of RTL designs.
- Validate designs for implementation correctness for selected target technologies.
- Run RTL analysis tools to validate the quality of designed IP.
- Use scriptinglanguages to automate design methods.
- Develop skills in hardware design, and use verification, synthesis, and timing analysis to validate design correctness.
- BSEE required, MSEE preferred with a minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- Willingness to learn, through work experiences, the disciplines outlined below and use these skills to create systems on chip products for NXP.
- Knowledge of SoC design principles including:
- Architecture definition
- Virtual Prototypes
- Performance Modeling
- Behavioral modeling of IP and SoC solutions
- RTL design
- Verification of logic design and integrated systems
- Low power design and power analysis
- Logic synthesis
- Physical design timing closure
- Knowledge of AMBA bus standards such as AXI, AHB, and APB.
- Familiarity with Verilog HDL.