In January 2018, we launched one of the industry’s largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. We’re using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data a day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open source communities driving our systems.
This isn’t a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, but solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide . We don’t expect you to wear a suit, we don’t expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you’re working on, we don’t expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
The Architecture Consultant in the Office of Architecture (OOA) will lead teams of off-shore / on-shore developers on a single or multiple initiatives undertaken by the OOA; and collaborates with other Dev Leads and Product Architects on the related initiatives, and adoption of the Office Of Architecture products/platforms/best-practices across the organization.
- Creates development plans, and works with the project management and program management on planning, budgeting, short and long term deliverables.
- Keeps close touch with dev team leads and the individual developers on progress, technical issues, directs overall development and addresses any specific product related questions.
- Responsible for the product and feature deliverables on-time and on-budget, coordinates with development teams and with management on any issues related to the project delays – including design / tech implementation problems, staff issues, etc.
- Helps guide developers and other tech personal toward the long term – strategic solutions – in line with the Office Of Architecture mandate.
- Participates in creating product – project requirements, plays a PRODUCT OWNER in communication with the Development teams.
- Conducts and actively participates in the Agile development process, or, rather, the hybrid flavor of Agile adopted the teams distributed across multiple time zones.
- Becomes subject matter expert, guides product support groups that are responsible for supporting related products.
- Assists – reviews and approves production code changes, or new code being deployed. Leads monthly production code Deployments.
- Requests, helps repair, and reviews Technical Project Documentation.
- Software engineering background (either CS degree from major university or equivalent experience)
- 10 years experience developing and supporting large-scale software systems
- Experience as a technical lead on a team of 5+ engineers
- Experience working in a devops capacity supporting a large-scale infrastructure deployment for the relevant technology (e.g. Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines, etc.)
- Industry recognition and engagement (Open Source project membership, conference presentations in relevant technology, etc.)