This is a Data Warehouse project for DOE. This person will be consulting not actually building the Architecture but reviewing the existing system & help review + create the plan for the new system. Able to understand Fed DOE Reporting Requirements, Federal Standards list and Cybersecurity issues. Be able to pull together "Best Practices" to help move the existing system to the new Cloud based system. This is a high level position that requires a strong personality that can help guide a Department to finalize a system for implementation.
* Knowledge of education industry technology standards, and trends particularly, Ed-Fi and Common Education Data Standards (CEDS).
* Knowledge of system design techniques.
* Knowledge of operating systems and related software components.
* Knowledge of systems development and documentation standards.
* Expert/Knowledge of higher level programming languages, particularly .NET C#, and enterprise class application development tools.
* Expert/Knowledge of databases, particularly SQL Server 2008 R2 and higher and other exposure to other database technologies.
* Knowledgeable in Cyber security, particularly Personally identifiable information (PII) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
* Ability to conduct in-depth research and analysis.
* Ability to research and evaluate suitability of computer software and hardware products.
* Ability to diagnose and correct system malfunctions.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to write clearly and effectively.
* Ability to lead, to coordinate the activities of, and to provide technical support to project teams.