The Technologist is a staff position in the Global Services Company charged with staying at the forefront of digitaltechnology and strives to leverage technology to enable and help our businesses to win. The position is responsible for technology scouting, evaluation/positioning, prototyping as well as developing/nurturing external partnerships.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Staying at the forefront of technology developments
- Reviewing and synthesizing large amounts of information and:
- Developing internal/external position papers with unique and thought provoking insights in any tech domain(s)
- Experimenting [with emerging technologies to learn and explore
- Identifying appropriate positioning and applicability of tech
- Educating and influencing technology strategy at multiple levels within the organization
- Networking with other collaborators internal to the organization
- Establishing new external partnerships
- Full immersion within the tech ecosystem
- Building prototypes of emerging tech to demonstrate proof of value (“MVPs”)
- Expected business travel: 30%
- B.Eng. or B.Comp.Sci or M.S in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology areas
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following areas: Enterprise IT, Technology/Management Consulting, Tech M&A, Venture Capital, Technology Analyst in investment banking, lead technology role in a startup.
- Demonstrated experience as a technology thought leader and strong understanding of tech strategy
- Demonstrated ability to keep pace and stay on the bleeding edge of different technology domains
- Demonstrated ability in developing new ideas or problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and leverage resources from multiple organizations
Preferred Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- PhD in technology related areas or other technical certification (eg: AWS/GCP) a plus.
- Experience and strong understanding of the Enterprise IT ecosystem.
- Published portfolio of articles/research/patents/code
- Development skills in python, r and understanding of deep learning approaches.
- Experience in negotiating agreements regarding intellectual property or consulting services
- Strong understanding of how the various ecosystems work together
- Experience in developing and interpreting techno-economic assessments of new technologies
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Wide ranging interest in technological, economic, political, and societal trends