Deltek+Avitru, is seeking an experienced architectural specifier to help develop and grow MasterSpec, the most comprehensive and trusted collection of master guide construction specifications in the US. Owned by the American Institute of Architects and published by Deltek+Avitru, the MasterSpec library is used as the basis for more than 60% of building design documents in the United States.
As an Architectural SpecificationsWriter, you will help ensure the quality and integrity of some of the 900+ nonproprietary MasterSpec sections, covering nearly all MasterFormat Divisions. In this capacity, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Developing and updatingMasterSpec sections (including supporting documents) and create new sections by researching relevant sources including: product literature, manufacturers' websites, industry standards, trade association and professional society publications, reference materials, and model building codes.
- Guide the work of external consultants and subject matter experts updatingMasterSpec sections, defining their scope of work, conducting technical review of consultant work, and assuring all elements of agreed-upon work are completed.
- Help guide evaluation and final disposition of requests from building product manufacturers on the suitability of product inclusion based on strong technical knowledge, subject matter expertise, and specification writing norms and conventions.
- Collaborate with other Deltek+Avitru departments on initiatives such as enhancement of cloud-based specification writing and delivery platforms.
- Collaborate and consult with external customers including MasterSpec subscribers and building product manufacturers, as well as internal customers such as sales and marketing staff.
- Adhere to MasterSpec Writer’s Manual template and CSI specification writing principles and formats, as well as internal processes for technical and editorial review of content.
- Make presentations and write thought leadership pieces related to the subject matter of assigned specification sections.
- Registered architect or CSI certified professional. CSI CDT required with CCS and/or CCCA certification(s) preferred. LEED AP certification is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in building construction.
- Experience must include working in building construction settings for firms specializing in engineering, architecture, construction management, specification consulting, or program management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experienceediting or writing specification sections required.
- Must be collaborative, open to working in new ways, and able to provide constructive feedback.
- Experience working with others in a team setting, and managing projects.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and the ability to professionally deal with colleagues and customers across disciplines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with BIM, Revit, and other tools of the tradedesired.