Architectural Specification Sales Representative
Our client is a premier wholesale distributor of the finest brick and architectural stone products in the United States. Offices are located throughout the Northeast and they represent more than 70 product lines to both commercial and residential building markets.
We currently have an opportunity with our New York City sales team for a highly motivated, goal-oriented Sales Representative who is results-driven and an exceptional closer.
The person we want will have:
· 5+ years outside specification-driven salesexperience in the building industry, with experience in obtaining specs from architect and following the spec through to close the sale with the general contractor or the installer
· residency in Manhattan or one of the boroughs, or within 20 miles of Manhattan strongly preferred
· a proven track record of success, with the ability to confirm that success
· willingness to work hard to build long-term, profitable relationships
· a strong commitment to customer satisfaction for the architects, general contractors, dealers, and masons who utilize our products.
· the ability to be a self-starter and to work independently as well as part of a team to develop and close new business
· professional presence with above average oral and written communication skills, including prior experience making presentations to individuals and groups
· the drive to exceed expectations and to be a top achiever in the industry.
· Previous knowledge of and experience in the architectural and/or construction industries with large-scale commercial and institutional construction is a definite asset.