Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and review the work of entire project teams. This includes the mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Build internal and external project team with skills/interests suited to the needs of the project.
- Define the unique goals and objectives required by the client and project team and the decision-making strategies and success metrics used to validate them.
- Prepare contracts and negotiations with oversight on unique issues.
- Prioritize goals, scope, and tasks to meet client needs and use teams effectively.
- Develop, articulate, define and execute the project scope, fees, and proposals for a wide variety of projects.
- Negotiate consultant’s scope, schedule and fees.
- Proactively communicate staffing needs and changes with staffing director/studio leaders.
- Proactively, organize and execute selected marketing and business development opportunities
- Work with PIC to ensure positive financial performance and manage risk exposure for the firm.
- Keep abreast of and understand national trends in the A/E/C industry and how they apply to SERA culture, practices and processes.
- Keep abreast of and understand influences impacting SERA clients.
- Foster team morale, both internal and external while creating a collaborative team environment.
- Identify and leverage core skills and areas of interest for staff, providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Confirm that project goals are carried out and reinforced through design, technical, and cost decisions, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to ensure project meets office standards for design, documentation, technical performance, Revit, and graphics.
- Manage changes in scope, schedule and fee throughout the project to ensure project success.
- Participate in the interview process for hiring new staff.
- Participate in employee review process for all team members.
- Participate in updates to standards, processes, and project delivery at SERA.
- Participation in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- Monitor construction administration during construction phase.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Architectural License is preferred.
- Generally have 12+ years of experience.
- LEED AP Preferred.