SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the city’s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the Silicon Valley.
We work collaboratively with communities, universities, corporations, and institutions to formulate a sustainable development framework for the social, cultural, economic, and ecological infrastructure that underpins the making of whole and beautiful places.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development. We provide quality service to our clients, while ensuring the growth and well-being of our team.
Job Title: Architectural Project Manager
Supervisor: Studio Leader/ PIC
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate, plan, and review the work of entire project teams. This includes the mentoring of staff on project teams.
- Build internal and external project team with skills/interests suited to the needs of the project.
- Define the unique goals and objectives required by the client and project team and the decision-making strategies and success metrics used to validate them.
- Prepare contracts and negotiations with oversight on unique issues.
- Prioritize goals, scope, and tasks to meet client needs and use teams effectively.
- Develop, articulate, define and execute the project scope, fees, and proposals for a wide variety of projects.
- Negotiate consultant’s scope, schedule and fees.
- Proactively communicate staffing needs and changes with staffing director/studio leaders.
- Proactively, organize and execute selected marketing and business development opportunities
- Work with PIC to ensure positive financial performance and manage risk exposure for the firm.
- Keep abreast of and understand national trends in the A/E/C industry and how they apply to SERA culture, practices and processes.
- Keep abreast of and understand influences impacting SERA clients.
- Foster team morale, both internal and external while creating a collaborative team environment.
- Identify and leverage core skills and areas of interest for staff, providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Confirm that project goals are carried out and reinforced through design, technical, and cost decisions, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to ensure project meets office standards for design, documentation, technical performance, Revit, and graphics.
- Manage changes in scope, schedule and fee throughout the project to ensure project success.
- Participate in the interview process for hiring new staff.
- Participate in employee review process for all team members.
- Participate in updates to standards, processes, and project delivery at SERA.
- Participation in industry groups to develop specialized knowledge.
- Monitor construction administration during construction phase.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictional/approval agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Architectural License is preferred.
- Generally have 12+ years of experience.
- LEED AP Preferred.