Architectural Project Manager - Healthcare Practice
New York, NY
EwingCole is a nationally recognized architecture, engineering, interior design and planning firm with offices across the country. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. We are seeking an Architectural Project Manager with 10-15 years of experience to join our New York office.
This individual should have project management experience and is interested in the opportunity for career growth into an office leadership role. We believe this individual desires to develop their diversity of architectural expertise including planning, design, construction technology, documentation, and construction administration. This individual will be primarily responsible for delivery, design excellence, project quality, and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will work in tandem with a EwingCole Principal on a series of healthcare projects in all phases of the design from conceptual planning to construction administration and project close-out.
This candidate must be capable of initiating the design effort from programming and concept design through construction administration.
- Work with firm Principals and specialized planners to generate programmatic relationships that foster building configurations of great utility and design innovation incorporating current best practices in the industry.
- Create buildings which serve the client’s needs and respond to their desired image, space, and aesthetic.
- Assist in developing the client’s understanding of certain relevant design issues.
- Develop the building design by testing it in relation to codes and other issues as they emerge.
- Articulate design principles to help govern the detailing phase of the project. Author and/or closely supervise details critical to the design concept. Lead presentation of design concepts.
- Organize, plan and lead the design efforts of a multi-disciplinary team. Foster collaborate with the engineering disciplines (inclusive of civil and landscape) and Interiors in order to insure a consistent development of the project towards the design concepts established in earlier phases.
- Be the primary client liaison, for the design and contractual matters.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer in at least one state with suitable credentials for registration in other states
- Prior experience with the preparation of construction documents on a series of large, technically sophisticated projects; served as the Architect’s Construction Phase Representative
- Experience with Contract preparation
- Understanding of CPM scheduling