Architectural Products Design Manager - Grand Rapids, MI or Remote
Provides strategic direction and people leadership to our architectural specification program as part of our service as a business. Provides input and leadership, as required, to ensure we are providing the fast and effective designexperience from a Steelcase perspective to our dealers, customers, A & D, and influencers. Responsible for impacting the selling process by translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand architectural applications and specifications that solve client’s needs. Implements, through the team, an application and/or sales strategy and provides technical support to our opportunities; including but not limited to strategic projects, GCC accounts, strategic accounts, dealer lead accounts and target design firms focused on Architectural Products. Provides architectural expertise to the specification team to broaden the Steelcase approach to Architecture. Ensures we differentiate Steelcase from the competition by providing the dealer, client and design firm with a collaborative experience in developing integrated Architectural, Furniture and Technology solutions focused on Architectural Products.
- Able to lead, develop and coach people
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people throughout the company and external audiences; Strong presentation skills in customer facing situations; including ability to have consultative conversations that can ultimately be translated into applications.
- In-depth understanding of the contract furniture, architecture and construction industry
- Strategic planning and problem solving skills; Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Successful track record developing strong business results and relationships with all key audiences.
- Able to maintain key business relationship with principals of dealerships, global service center leadership, and sales.
- Resolve conflicts and demonstrate ability to increase Steelcase mindshare with key audiences.
- Ability to coach and develop direct and indirect reports.
- Strong working knowledge of CET, REVIT and AutoCad.
- Ability to work in a fast paced start up environment with limited resources and boundless opportunities.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of customers and their issues. Utilizes advanced product knowledge and understanding of the customer's business to develop creative solutions that meet the customer’s needs with Architectural Products.
- Leads the design/specification organization, direction and influence of all key aspects of a project.
- Anticipates, assesses and understands the customers prog ram needs, opportunities and constraints.
- Defines customers’ expectations and ensures team delivers on those expectations.
- Maintains dialogue with stakeholders regarding appropriate solution and goals for projects.
- Ensures team members understand the scope of services being requested, roles/responsibilities of the parties and manages workload of the team.
- Establishes and manages project schedules.
- Establishes turnaround time expectations for different services.
- Overall responsibility for accuracy and presentation format of deliverable.
- Point of view owner for shop drawing template and implementation.
- Possess the ability to lead in a matrix organization by keeping an open dialogue with stakeholders and understanding/responding to their needs.
- Responsible to track feature requests (improvements) for the design software, ensure they are submitted and follow through to ensure they are implemented.
- Point of view owner for fee structure for specification services.
- Responsible to maintain performance logs (profit/loss) that track utilization of team members and responsible for invoicing customers.
- B.S. in Architecture, Environmental Design, Interior Design or other accredited degree in Architecture
- 5-10 years of progressive knowledge and architectural experience with 5 years experience leading a production team
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.