The Architectural Group Lead will work independently on various projects and supports operational office strategies as assigned by Department Head and may oversee some of the regional day to day operational activities of the department. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on specialized design projects. This individual may work on several concurrent projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess the requirements of a project, break projects into tasks and work with Project Managers to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Write scope of work for architectural design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Capable of leading projects through their entirety including such steps and design phases as Programming, Concept, Basis of Design, Detailed Design, and through Construction Administration activities during construction.
- Possessing a strong understanding and knowledge of GMP's and general understanding of process equipment technology and how this equipment applies to a project.
- Review contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promote use of and participate in development of IPS design and production standards.
- Assist the Director of Architecture with recruiting, retaining and developing staffing plans that meet labor forecasts and the required skills needed to meet IPS' business plan.
- Assist in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 15 years previous architectural design experience with equivalent experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and/or laboratory industries for domestic and/or international project types.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree from an accredited university (AIA certification preferred, NCARB certification preferred).
- 4+ years of Autodesk Revit drawing experience is preferred, on occasion, the Project Architect will be expected to utilize Autodesk Revit to perform project design documentation independently in order to meet both budget and schedule objectives.
- 5+ years' of experience and proven success as a Project Architect (a Project Architect is defined as an individual who has maintained accountability and responsibility for independent and/or team-based projects).
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work on more than one project at a time.